Intermediate tap Teacher
This class is for students who are comfortable with all of the tap basics, and want to challenge themselves by taking their tap skills to the next level. I plan on basing the level of the class on the dancers who sign up for it, after I get a feel for what the overall ability level is in the class. My main goal is to make the class a fun and collaborative experience where dancers can improve their tap skills. Can't wait to tap with you
Name/Nickname: Carly Silverberg
Year and Program: 3rd Year Sociology Major
Hometown: Thornhill, ON
What does dance mean to you?: Dance has meant so much to me for as long as I can remember. Dance has given me a way to express myself and has been a distraction and escape from any stress in my life. Some of my favourite memories have been at dance competitions and in dance class, and I have met some of my best friends through dance. Dance is such an amazing creative outlet, and I am so thankful for it.
Most memorable dance experience: My first solo!
Favourite Youtube channel: DancingWithYT
Picture this: you fall on stage and the photographer managed to get a shot of you mid fall. What would you caption the picture?: My signature move :)
- Started dance at age 4
- Joined the competitive team at my dance studio at age 9, and continued to compete for 8 years
- Trained in all styles such as tap, ballet, jazz, lyrical, and hip-hop
- Had a tap duet for 3 years and a tap solo for 5 years
- Attended the dance program at Westmount Collegiate Institute for my 4 years of high school
- Have assisted and taught dance classes for students ages 3 to 16 for 7 years